Congratulations! You are now
an employee of Merritt Staffing.
We are very excited that you made the decision to join our Merritt Staffing team.
In order to make the most of each assignment, we have prepared policies and procedures to help ensure a successful assignment.
- Please arrive at your assignment on time and professionally dressed.
- You should not make any personal calls or use the Internet (other than for business-related matters) while on an assignment. Also, cell phones should be turned off or kept on vibrate.
- Once you accept an assignment, you are expected to complete the assignment dates given.
- In the event of an emergency or illness, please contact your recruiter immediately. It is very important that you inform us of any lateness or absence. Please remember that we have a 24-hour voicemail system.
- It is very important that we know where you are when you are on your assignment. On your first day, after you get settled in, please give us a call and give us your direct line or extension.
- Merritt Staffing is your employer and assumes all normal employer obligations. Your agreed-upon hourly rate for each assignment is noted on your pay stubs.
- Please do not discuss salary or hourly rate with other temps or clients. All matters concerning compensation are considered confidential. Pay rates are based on experience, skill level and description of the job to which you are assigned. They vary from job to job.
- Please inform your counselor immediately if the client asks you for your resume or phone number.
- We must receive your signed timesheets on the Monday after the week you work by 12:00 pm in order to process payroll for receipt on Friday of that week. If we receive your signed timesheet later than this, it may not be processed until the following week. You may drop off, fax or email your signed timesheet. If you fax or email your signed timesheet, you must mail or drop off the hard copy before your paycheck is released. Paychecks can be direct deposited, mailed or available for pick up (checks are available on Thursdays for pick-up). Please indicate on each timesheet which you would prefer. If you choose to have your check mailed, we will mail it on Wednesday afternoons. Timesheets can be found here.
- Please keep in mind that communication is key. Call us at any time with questions, concerns, new skills attained, change of address or telephone numbers. Let us know if you are being asked to work overtime or offered a permanent job. Keep us posted of your work schedule, any days that you are unable to work or vacations that have been planned. We’d love to hear from you.